Introduction to Agile is designed to leave delegates more confident in five key areas:
- The intent behind agile values and principles
- Common agile roles and how they interact
- Creating requirements that deliver value to customers
- Getting valuable work done with agile teams
- Putting agile ways of working into action
Hear about the intent behind agile techniques and the benefits they were intended to bring. Learn about the Agile Manifesto and the Agile Principles, and how they are relevant today. Discuss the relevance of an agile approach to different kinds of work, including but not limited to software development.
How Agile Works
Learn about the practicalities of achieving an agile approach:
- How agile teams plan
- Creating feedback loops
- Roles and accountabilities
How Agile Can Help Your Team
A structured workshop to prepare a plan, and a persuasive argument, for your team’s adoption of agile ways of working.
Step 1: Describe the work your team does, the challenges faced, and the effectiveness of current processes
Step 2: Describe a new way of working based on agile principles and practices, identifying which techniques could be applied, and how they could help. Identify any challenges foreseen in making these changes.
Step 3: Prepare a pitch to someone in the position to sponsor this change, making the case for agile, and highlighting the help that would be needed to overcome challenges.
Agile Collaboration and Planning Techniques
Learn about the most effective techniques used by agile teams:
- Creating requirements
- Forming ordered backlogs
- Estimation and planning
Discuss which of these techniques are relevant and applicable to your own work, with opportunities to explore alternatives.
Working in an Agile team
Agile structures and techniques require engaged, motivated teams to be effective. In this section, we’ll cover practical ways of setting up new or existing teams for success:
- Team working agreements
- Team kickoff/reboot checklist
- Establishing continuous improvement
Putting agile ways of working into action
The final exercise is a workshop allowing participants to:
- Revisit the challenges they identified for their team
- Select the techniques learned that are most relevant in meeting those challenges
- Make a plan for a pragmatic first step to be actioned after the class.
Introduction to Agile Outcomes
Delegates leave the introduction to agile training course with a shared experience of the terminology, intended benefits and practical application of agile practices. In addition, the delegates can immediately apply the techniques and exercises to their own real-world product delivery
As an introduction-level course there is no assumed knowledge in agile principles, technology, or product delivery. Typical delegates may have the following backgrounds and roles:
- Members of development teams with specialisms in software engineering, testing, analysis and design.
- Project managers seeking to adapt to agile ways of working.
- Product owners and product managers.
- Stakeholders or users of products who need a good working relationship with agile teams.
- Non-software teams such as marketing or finance, seeking to apply agile principles to their own work.
When delivered as a private class, the course may be pitched at an appropriate level, for example:
- Experienced teams can quickly re-establish the basics and then spend more time considering the detail of their approach.
- Non-technical teams may prefer less of an emphasis on software engineering.
We are a friendly team of practitioners and we like to provide a personal level of support, before, during and after the class:
- Pre-course reading designed to expose questions so that they can be explored in class.
- Contact details allowing delegates to ask questions to the trainer before and after the class.
- Access to a comprehensive set of guidance after the course so that delegates apply what has been learnt.
- Digital course effectiveness surveys with results sent out to delegates and sponsors straight after the class.
Duration: 1 day
Course Level: Introduction
- Pre-course reading
- Post course reading
- Trainers contact information
The information and tools that have been provided to allow me to look at waste to enable me to streamline processes and improve customer satisfaction
Great to explore a new way of working that will fit well into helping us deliver our business strategy if done right
The course is very well structured and Brian is very patient !
Good Overview of agile working, in depth when it needed to be. Good Presenter/teacher that encouraged contribution from everyone but didn’t force it.
Trainer brilliant- knowledgeable and paced session well. Enjoyed the interaction
Ilektra was fantastic. Very clear and concise with explanations and gave real examples which always helps to make things relatable. I liked how the course gave a lot of content but was also interactive – a good balance. The environment was comfortable and catered for people of all abilities, giving an introduction but Ilek…
Great trainer, well paced, good team activities, right mix of talk/exercises/discussion